WORKSHOP FOR RADIONUCLIDE LABORATORIES
3 - 7 April 2017
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Ms. Johanna Fessl
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
A-1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
The primary objectives of the workshop are:
- Discuss and address developments and issues pertaining to laboratory certified operations, Proficiency Test Exercises (PTEs) for particulate samples and noble gas (NG) intercomparison exercises, certification, surveillance assessment and measurements;
- Share operational experiences and lessons learned towards quality improvement;
- Discuss advances in gamma spectrometry and noble gas measurements.
- Laboratory Operations
- Proficiency Test Exercises
- Laboratory Techniques and Developments
- Surveillance Assessment and Certification Issues
- Noble Gas Measurements by Laboratories
- Advances in Commercial Products Related to CTBTO Verification Needs
- Knowledge-sharing Session for Uncertified Noble Gas Laboratories
Applicants should be from the State Signatories hosting the 16 radionuclide laboratories and non-IMS noble gas capable laboratories. Applicants from venders should have direct relationship with the laboratory activities.
Participants are expected to submit an abstract for an oral presentation on the topics of the workshop. An abstract has to be submitted at the time of application (see application procedures).
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
Applicants are invited to submit their applications by online registration at the registration platform at ctnw.ctbto.org, no later than 15 January 2017.
Note: Due to the ongoing upgrade, the registration for this workshop will be open on the platform starting 10 November 2016.
States Signatories wishing to nominate experts are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission by the mentioned deadline for registration.
Submitted applications will be reviewed and successful applicants will subsequently be notified.
The PTS has lmited funding for the workshop with priority given to the applicants from uncertified laboratories and certified laboratories under revalidation.
Applicable to PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation
- Upon arrival a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), sufficient to cover the related expenses during the workshop; and
- Health insurance for the duration of the workshop.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
Other pertinent information
PowerPoint presentations should not exceed 20 minutes.
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the Provisional Technical Secretariat, in order to ensure timely processing. The Secretariat will provide personal invitations to visa applicants.
It is strongly recommended that prior to departure all participants should acquire health and accident insurance for the duration of the workshop. All PTS-funded participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme under third party liability insurance.