TECHNICAL TRAINING FOR RADIONCULIDE STATION OPERATORS WITH RASA SYSTEMS
General Dynamics Training Facility
United States of America
30 October - 3 November 2017
The working language will be English
POINT OF CONTACT
Ms Johanna Fessl
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
Vienna International Centre
1400 Vienna, Austria
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6484
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide hands-on training and practical lessons to Station Operators on the operation, maintenance and repair of the RASA equipment.
Overview of the RASA system and the Technical Training Programme
RASA operating procedures, software operating interface and associated files, and data communication procedures
Software Servers and various menu options, control commands and site infrastructure
Responsibilities of station operators and station preparation, with attention on troubleshooting
Invited States Signatories should nominate participants who are station operators involved in operation and maintenance of stations with RASA systems.
In an effort to ensure that relevant technical training is provided to the appropriate person, nominated individuals should be directly related to an IMS facility.
- Priority will be given to station operators required to attend both ORTEC and RASA training.
- Basic Linux knowledge is mandatory.
- Candidates must be proficient in English
Invited States Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are station operators involved in the operation and maintenance of the following stations:
RN11, RN15, RN18, RN19, RN24, RN33, RN37, RN38 and RN40
Applicants are encouraged to complete the following
Nominations together with the registration forms should be submitted only though established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO or Ministry of Foreign Affairs) to the PTS point of contact above, no later than 21 July 2017.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
TT RASA Systems
However, pending the official nomination, participants many send the registration, via email, upon its approval by a Director of the institution, in order to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- A DSA that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and participants will receive their DSA on the first day of the training; and
- Health insurance will be provided to cover the duration of the training.
Requirement: scanned passport copies
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding consular office upon receipt of an Acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.
The training programme is open only for Station Operators from invited countries.
Access to relevant e-learning modules will be provided to participants in advance.