TECHNICAL TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR RUSSIAN-SPEAKING STATION OPERATORS OF WAVEFORM STATIONS
Special Monitoring Service (SMS) of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation
Dubna, Russian Federation
28 May - 1 June 2018
The working language will be Russian
POINT OF CONTACT
Mr Kevin Murray
Training Assistant, IDC/CBT
Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO
Vienna International Centre
P.O.Box 1200, A-1400
Tel.:+43 1 26030 6327
Fax:+43 1 26030 5973
To provide Station Operators with specific equipment training, knowledge and technical understanding of the operation, maintenance and management of IMS seismic and infrasound stations.
- Concept of operations and maintenance in the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS);
- Communication with the PTS. Introduction to the PTS Web Portal. Presentations and hands-on sessions on reporting tools and procedures;
- Overview of Guralp and Nanometrics digitizers. Presentations and hands-on sessions on field installation, configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance procedures and tools;
- Overview of the Standard Station Interface (SSI). Presentations and hands-on sessions on SSI configuration and monitoring;
- Hands-on session on infrasound and seismic sensors testing and calibration;
- Introduction to Systematic troubleshooting – presentation and Table Top Exercise with adapted scenarios;
- Discussion on typical operation and maintenance situations.
Station operators responsible for daily operation and maintenance, as well as those responsible for management of IMS seismic and infrasound stations in the Russian Federation and Turkmenistan, which are certified or to-be-certified in 2018.
Selected participants are encouraged to complete all modules of the Stations Operators' e-Learning course, relevant to this training.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
Invited State Signatories should nominate participant(s) who are officially designated Station Operators involved in the operation, maintenance and management of the IMS waveform technology stations.
Nominations, together with the registration form, should be submitted to the PTS Point of Contact above only through the established official channels (Permanent Missions to the Preparatory Commission or Ministry of Foreign Affairs), no later than 6 April 2018.
However, pending the official nomination, participants may fax the registration, upon its approval by a Director of the institution or firm, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
RF TT Programme_Russian Speaking SOs
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide a Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) and financial support to cover travel costs.
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and send the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be most cost efficient for the PTS;
- The PTS will make accommodation arrangements and hotel confirmation reservations will be sent to participants; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the training.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies. Please note that passports should be, at a minimum, valid through to the end of 2018.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
All participants shall be covered under the Global Medical Insurance scheme for the PTS trainees under third part liability insurance